Job Title: Assistant Company secretary
Department: Finance- Company Secretary
Reports to (Job Title): Head Company Secretary
To ensure that a company complies with standard financial and legal practice and maintains standards of corporate governance.
- Coordinate all arrangements for board meetings, Committee Meetings, General Body Meetings and to ensure that they are properly organized
- To ensure that the minutes of the meetings are properly recorded and circulated to the concerned people
- To ensure compliances with SEBI Regulations like; Takeovers, Prevention of insider trading, Issue of capital and disclosure requirements, Mutual Fund regulations, Venture Capital funds, NBFC guidelines, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, Listing agreements,
- Implementation of Corporate governance code, Code of business conduct and ethics, Securities-related functions and postal ballot for shareholders.
- Co-ordinate with various regulatory authorities- SEBI, stock exchanges, Registrar of companies, Regional Director- Ministry of corporate affairs, Depositories, Registrar and share transfer agents, Reserve Bank of India, Company Law Board and department of Company affairs.
- Advise the Board, the management and the committees on all statutory and constitutional requirements to ensure that the business is conducted in a proper and cost-effective manner.
- To provide direction in the handling of cases involving regulatory bodies, company law, shareholders, intellectual property, etc.
- Circulate decisions of the board and the committees to all relevant parties and to take necessary follow-up action to record progress thereon.
- Preparation of Annual Report as per legal and constitutional requirements, MIS reports for Board and Senior Management and Development of Policies as per statutory/ legal requirements.
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required and advising on secretarial, legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies.
- Providing secretarial and legal opinion to top management, auditors, trustees, etc. on various business issues.
- Provide vital inputs in a strategic investment making decisions and to take the deal to its logical conclusion.
- Analyze various structured deals in the legal context, participation in negotiations, discussions, and drafting and vetting agreements and other legal documents and ensuring all related compliances.
Impact on the organization: Contributes to the success of the organization by providing effective legal advisory services which benefit the organization wrt time and cost.
Education: B.Com, ACS/ FCS and LLB preferred.
Experience: Around 8 to 12 years experience in the relevant field